Friday, September 1, 2006

Talking to the CDC

Today I got an IM from someone who claims to work for the CDC telling me to get my facts straight, but, as you can see for yourself, he didn’t have his facts straight.

 

(His screen name has been changed in order to not violate TOS.)

 

 CDC WORKER [2:12 P.M.]:  I have no I idea where you think you get your information but you are totally wrong get informed or stop spreading your lies and filth


Auto response from AIDSisOver [2:12 P.M.]:

I am away from my computer right now.  Send me an e-mail and we'll talk later.  If you haven't already done so, read my blog.  Diary of an AIDS Dissident    AIDS is 100% curable.   If you don't believe it, would you like to make a bet? 

 

[When I returned, he was still on line:]

 

AIDSisOver [4:25 P.M.]:  Help me out. If something I said is incorrect, I'd like to know what you are referring to and where you get your information.

CDC WORKER [4:26 P.M.]:   AIDS IS FAR FROM OVER IT IS ON THE RISE IN EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD I WORK FOR THE CDC

AIDSisOver [4:28 P.M.]:  It's not on the rise in the US or Canada, where there were 275 new AIDS cases last year.

CDC WORKER [4:29 P.M.]:  WRONG OVER 13,000 NEW CASES IN THE US ALONE  THIS YEAR
CDC WORKER [4:29 P.M.]:  THE NORTHWEST ALONE HAS  OVER 4000 NEW CASES TO DATE AS OF THIS YR
CDC WORKER [4:30 P.M.]:  GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

AIDSisOver [4:31 P.M.]:  TURN YOUR CAP LOCKS OFF AND MAYBE WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.

CDC WORKER [4:31 P.M.]:  DON'T NEED TO
CDC WORKER [4:32 P.M.]:  JUST GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

AIDSisOver [4:32 P.M.]:  13,000 new cases in a country of 300 million is no epidemic.  Doctors kill 20 times that in a year.

CDC WORKER [4:32 P.M.]:  NOT TO AIDS THEY DON'T NOT IN THIS COUNTRY
AIDSisOver [4:33 P.M.]:  There are less new cases every year since 1994.  It is dying out here and in Canada, Germany and other 1st world nations.

CDC WORKER [4:33 P.M.]:  YOU SPOUT YOUR PROPAGANDA AND ANYONE WHO KNOWS NOTHING MIGHT LISTEN TO YOU AND YOU ARE THE REAL KILLER

AIDSisOver [4:33 P.M.]:  And what it going on in Africa is totally unrelated to what is called "AIDS" in the US.

CDC WORKER [4:34 P.M.]:  NO IT'S NOT AIDS IS EPIDEMIC WORLD WIDE
CDC WORKER [4:35 P.M.]:  I have wasted enough of my time talking to you  have a good day and  get truly educated

 

 

[This was the first time I saw the number 13,000 for the annual new cases, as it seems the CDC stopped giving numbers in 2000.  I really wanted more info on the numbers and wrote to this person….]

 

Oscar,

If you work for the CDC, perhaps you can help me educate myself.  I need some figures that you seem to have that I haven't been able to get anywhere else.

Ed

 

To which I received the following when I attempted to send the message:

 

The following problems occurred while processing your request:

 

CDC WORKER - This member is currently not accepting e-mail from your account.

 

Your mail has not been sent.  Please correct the problems listed and try again.

 

No comments: